Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Birthday

The moment the word Birthday is mentioned many people become alert and hasty is connecting to the word Haraam. This blog is however not one of rulings but one of my insight and experience from matters in my life.

One of the many widespread activities in our societies include birthdays; a celebration of the day a person was born. If this is in a form of imitation and extravagance then it has been classed as impermissible; yet I believe that we should do whatever good you can with any permissible excuse possible.

Today, being the 'birthday' of someone I know feels to me a good enough excuse to remind them of me by remembering them. Though this person is always on my thoughts and my mind, I never have the chance of making them aware.

I pray to Allah that He grants my friend and their beloved a long and prosperous life that is filled with the pleasure and blessings of Allah; a life in which the coming year is better than the preceding in both, relating to the life in this world and that of the Hereafter.

May Allah increase love between you and your spouse and give you children who are the coolness of your eyes and leaders of the Ummah.

May He keep you free from worries and protect you and your family from any physical or mental stress and harm.

I pray that Allah grants you wisdom, knowledge, love, gentleness, patience, gratitude, steadfastness and the ability to remain firm on that which pleases Him.

May Allah keep you far from sorrows and make this life full of happiness for you and your loved ones. Aameen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ameen, wa thuma ameen

Anonymous said...

Assalaam aleikum Brother Zain.

I am new to your blog, this is my first time reading it. Therefore I do not know if this comment will reach you. But I love what I have read up to this point. Although your writings are about stuff that happens in your life, I can take our view on the "stuff" as advise to make me a better Muslimah.

In regards to Birthdays, I take it as a day to thank Allah (SWT) for the year or life that He gave me. For all the blessings and lessons He bestown on me, and for all the experiences I had, both good and bad. I do not know if I'll live to see another birthday, so what better way to "celebrate" the one I get than by thanking my Lord and making a deep commitment on following the sunnah of our beloved Rasool (saw).

Regards,
Farhanahz

Zain said...

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Sister Farhanahz

Jazakallah for the comments and encouragement. It is pleasing to know that you have found the blog a good read and motivating.

It is a great perspective to view 'birthdays' in the manner that you do. I use the new year and my 'birthday' as a checkpoint to review the past six months. How close have I become to Allah and how much has His love increased in my heart.

May Allah give us all the ablility to keep a check upon our Self and to the inclination to increase the love for Him and His beloved. Aameen.

Wasalaam